Thursday, October 30, 2008

Progesterone

Last night (10-29) was the first day for my Progesterone shot. I remember them sucking from last time, but not this bad. It was awful! The actual shot was okay, Adam does a really good job at keeping me calm, but after he pulled the needle out, I got really hot, light headed, sick to my stomach, and started having a hard time breathing. Adam had me sit down on the bed and breathe while he fanned me with our IVF folder. After a few minutes, I started to feel better, but it was kind of scary there for a minute...I didn't want to pass out like I did last time!

I knew Adam was in the right spot when he gave me the shot because it hurt so stinkin' bad. Right in the muscle on my hip..ugh! I've been pretty sore all day today, but have tried to walk it out...it's going to be the other side of me after tonight, so I'd better get used to it! And they gave us smaller needles to try this time, which helps with the pain, but is a lot harder to squeeze the medication through, so it takes a LONG time.

All in all, it was pretty good. Every time I bump my hip or lay wrong and I remember that I had the shot, I remember WHY we're doing it, and that certainly helps the pain. The transfer is in just a few days!!

No comments: