Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ultrasound!

Today I had my ultrasound with Dr. Gibson to see how the meds are working. He said I'm looking really great and right on track. He said we have two really good embryos frozen, and 7 other ok-looking embryos. I have two straws total containing the embryos, but they don't know which straw has which embryos in it. So, I had to decide if I want them to thaw both straws to see which embryos are the best, or to only thaw one and hope we get some good ones. I decided to have them thaw both straws...a bit scary! It's basically all or nothing, and if it works this time (and if we want to try again) we'll have to start at the very beginning again. If it doesn't work this time, we'll have to start at the very beginning again. But this is the scenario that sounds best to me.

Dr. Gibson said our chances of having a successful pregnancy are "significantly higher than 50%". That sounds good to me! :) I also met with the nurse (Gail) who reviewed the timeline with me. I have my last Lupron shot tonight and then start the Progesterone injections. She gave me some smaller needles to try since I have such small hips (her words) and also helped me find the spot to have Adam inject me. I left feeling pretty good! I will get a phone call from them on Monday telling us when to show up Tuesday for the transfer. WaHoO!

No comments: