We woke up early this morning to go to the U for my blood test. (The boys stayed at Grandpa & Grandma's for the night.) We got there before 8:00, they drew the blood, and said they'd call us around noon to tell us the results. We talked with the nurse, Jennie, about our little scare and told her that we were hoping for the best but were prepared for the worst. She said she would call us and would hope for good news. We were out of there at 8:13.
Because we had missed the first part of church, we came home to eat and shower and then went to the third hour. I had my cell phone in my hand the whole time, but it never rang. As we were walking out of the church, my phone started vibrating, and I knew it was her.
"Hi, Misty. This is Jennie. How are you? I have some good news for you...YOU'RE PREGNANT!" She was so cute and laughing and excited...she said she was expecting bad news and was so glad she could call us with good news! She asked if Adam was there with me, and I said, "Yes, he's right here, looking at me with a quizzical expression." She said "TELL HIM!" "We're having a baby!" I said. "We're pregnant!" AHH! :D
She said the number they look for is 100 -- 100 is a positive pregnancy. My level is 388.9, so it's a GOOD positive! I asked about the number compared to the boys with our first IVF cycle, and she looked back through our file and said the number with the boys was 1300 (!) so it's most likely a single pregnancy, but nothing is ever for sure. I need to call and get a refill on the progesterone, but my last progesterone shot will be on Christmas Day. We'll have a Viability Ultrasound between December 3 and 10 (Wahoo!), and due date is July 23!!
Adam and I are so amazingly happy and grateful. As soon as we got home, we said a prayer to thank Heavenly Father. God is so good! We also called Scott and Angie with the news and to thank them (especially Scott) for helping with the blessing the other night. We've been smiling and dancing around ever since. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment