But I only have to take them 17 more times! The last few nights have been pretty rough with them, we hit a vein, I've bled like a stuck pig and a have bruise the size of a golf ball on my hind-quarters. (And those are all three
separate incidents!) We've taken pictures of Adam giving me the shot, and of my amazing, deep dark bruise, but I'm afraid it shows a little too much Misty, so you can use your imaginations there. On second thought, don't even go there. Please. For all of our sakes. However, here is a picture of the needle we have to use to inject the Progesterone.
To give you an idea of it's size, the needle itself is almost the length of the lid on a Sharpie. See?

Adam is a brave man for giving me these every night...the needle has to go all the way in, in to the muscle and the Progesterone is thick thick so it takes a while to squeeze it all out...but it's totally worth it. At least, that's what we'll keep telling ourselves for the next 17 days. It gives a whole new meaning to "I can't wait for Christmas!"
3 comments:
You are amazing. I couldn't do it. Well, I probably could, because I'd be passed out from the sight and have no idea what was happening!
I am so sorry! Ouch Ouch Ouch! You are almost there!
Only 1 more week!! :) Wah-Hoo!
Post a Comment