Anywhoooo, here I am.
My last appointment with Dr. Dewey was great. Not only did he tell me I looked nice in my purple shirt (and there's not even a tip jar in his office, so it had to be a genuine compliment!), but everything else was positive, positive. I'm weighing in at 141 pounds (woot woot!), he said my blood pressure is-quote-"perfect", my iron looks good, my weight gain is -quote-"ideal", and I'm measuring at 32 weeks. I'll start seeing him every two weeks now until
{drum roll, please}
JULY 17, 2009
which is when my C-section is scheduled for!!! That's next month! Holy cow!! I'm so excited!! Can you feel my excitement through my extensive use of exclamation points?!
Whew! As far as how I'm feeling, well...let's just say typing all of those exclamation points has already worn me out. I'm T-I-R-E-D. I wear out pretty easily, overdo it almost every day (though usually not intentionally), and I guess I've been having Braxton Hicks Contractions. A lot. I didn't even really know what a contraction felt like, so I asked Adam...who reminded me he is of the masculine gender and has never experienced contractions, so I asked my Mom. Let's see: worst cramps ever that spread to your back and shoot down your legs, leaving your stomach as hard as a rock?
Yup, those are them.
I've also been informed by an anonymous source (let's call her....."Mom") that I've been incredibly grumpy. Actually, that's toning it down quite a bit, "Mom's" choice of words were a lot more harsh and cutting. I didn't believe "Mom" until her accusation observation was confirmed by another tipster (let's call him....."Husband") and we all know that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established...
...I've thought a lot about it, and I've decided I have a good excuse. See, when I was pregnant with the boys, I could take a nap whenever I needed to (and I needed to a lot). Now, I get just as wiped out, but have two two-year-olds to keep alive, so no nap for me. And even when I'm NOT pregnant, no nap = grumpy Misty, so you can imagine how bad it is now. Take that, "Mom" and "Husband." Neener neener.
Wow, are you still reading this? Thanks for sticking with it. I'll conclude by letting you know that Adam and I *think* we have our little girl's name narrowed down to two we really like. We may not even decide between the two until we're at the hospital and have been properly introduced to her, but who knows. All I know is that before I was changing my mind about names on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis, but I've been thinking about these two names for almost three weeks now. That's gotta mean somethin'.
43 days to go!
6 comments:
I have a hard time believing that you are ever really grumpy, however if "mom" and "husband" insist, I am sure it is just because you need a nap. I worry about being pregnant and not being able to take naps! Take it easy! (I know not possible) I am so excited you are getting so close! Let's try and see each other sometime soon, I am available almost all the time! :)
Good grief! It just looks like you stuffed a ball in your shirt. You are a beautiful preggie!
July 17 is my nephews birthday, so she will be in good company. :) What time are you going in?
Good luck with everything! And because you are pregnant everything that you do is excused!
I am a firm believer that you can blame anything on pregnancy. Grumpy moods, peeing your pants, and forgeting things. I can't believe you are so close to being done and meeting your new baby girl! You look great and I love your hair in this pic! (In case you care what I think!!) :)
In my defense, I was only pointing out something that I had noticed...and I seem to recall mentioning that it wouldn't be as noticable if you weren't normally abnormally patient and wonderful. :)
The Source is also always willing to give you a break and let you nap, you just usually turn the offers down. :)
Love,
Anonymous
(You do make a very cute preggo person. You need to post the pictures of you right before the boys were born so people can compare--those were only about two weeks farther along than you are now. What a difference a few (7 or 8) pounds makes!) ;)
You are so funny Misty! I love how even more grumpy it makes you feel when someone brings to your attention you are not on your best behavior! I can only imagine how busy your two busy bodies keep you! I cannot believe you are almost there! I cant believe how fast it is coming! YEAH!! Cant wait to find out her name!
DID EVERYONE FORGET TO TELL YOU THAT LIFE WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOO DIFFERENT AFTER YOUR FIRST BIRTH AND TO BOOT IT WAS TWO BABIES, NOT ONE. YES, YOU NEVER GET TO NAP UNLESS YOUR HUBBY IS AROUND AND HE JUST MIGHT TAKE A NAP WHEN YOU AND THE BOYS ARE TAKING A NAP.........THAT DOESN'T COUNT IN WATCHING THE BOYS WHILE YOU TAKE A BREATHER EITHER. TELL THAT TO ADAM.
BUT I AN ONLY IMAGINE THAT LIFE IS GOING TO GET EVEN BETTER WITH A NEW ONE AND THE BOYS WILL LOVE HER.
Post a Comment