Saturday, March 7, 2009

Big, Fat, Liars!

"How can you tell that someone's a compulsive liar? I mean, assuming that their pants aren't on fire."
~Shawn Spencer
I have a confession. My husband and I have an honesty problem. Not with each other - oh no - it's actually an honesty problem with you, Dear Reader, and our closest family and friends. Remember our appointment on March 4? Yeah, we kind of found out Baby Rindy's gender. Although, I must say I wasn't completely dishonest with you, because Dr. Dewey said he was only 90% positive. So there's a 10% chance that I could've been telling the truth all along.

We wanted to think of a fun way to tell our families, so we lied and said we didn't find out in order to buy some time. However, now that most of them know, you can feel confident that you're getting the truth from here on out.

So, without further ado, the Rindlisbacher Family is pleased to announce:

Feel free to send any hate mail, insults, and judgements our way. We'll also accept ribbons, tu-tus, those gigantic flowers that cover up baby's head, and any and all other girly accessories. Ooo, and name suggestions would be great. Not that we'll use any of them, but they're still fun to read.

Forgive us!

14 comments:

Mandy said...

WAHOO!!! I'm so glad that you found out and that you told us!!! I can't wait to meet my new niece! Love you!!

Rachel said...

Hooray!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!! I'll be thinking of some fabulous name suggestions for you to ignore. I am so glad you found out, how did you tell your family?

Denise said...

WAHOO!! I'm SOOOOOOO EXCITED!! Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag...and...all is forgiven!! Love ya!!

Chastina said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Kellie said...

That is so exciting!!! I am so glad you are getting a girl.. everyone needs a little girl! It is really amazing how different girls are then boys. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cathy said...

Yay!! Another little softball player. :) Either way we would have been excited, but I'm so glad you are going to get to experience all the fun times of a little girl. Every big brother needs a little sister to protect. :)
I love the way you told everyone. You are just too creative. :)
Love ya'!
(And yes, you're forgiven, but just barely. :) )

Andy Porter said...

Ohh!! Yea!! That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys! It's always grand to add a little sugar and spice to your life!!

The Peterson Zoo said...

Yay!! I was so going to bring over my ultrasounds from 2 girls and DEMAND to compare them with yours. I was positive I could figure it out. Very glad I didn't have too =)

Christensen's said...

A girl!! YEAH!! How exciting!!

The Cingolani's said...

HOORAY!!! That is so exciting! You are very brave to with hold that kind of information...glad you let the cat out of the bag!! Bring on the pink!

Mama D said...

Congrats! It's fun to experience both boys and girls. With older brothers, expect some tomboyish-ness, but you'll also get your pink and ribbons and accessories.

Names are always subjective. But since the boys follow the "A" of Adam, are you thinking of an "M" name for your girl? If so, Michelle is a pretty awesome name! ;) Or Meghan - your mom used to love that name.

Have fun!

Grandma Rindy said...

WOW, YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO BUSY SHOPPING FOR THOSE LITTLE PINK AND PURPLE OUTFITS, AND TIGHTS, AND SHOES, AND BOWS, AND RIBBONS, AND BRACELETS AND EARRINGS AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THOSE PINK NIKE SOCKS, BY THE WAY, I HAVE SOME FOR YOU, (I HAVE BEEN SAVING JUST FOR YOUR LITTLE GIRL) YEAH!!!
CONGRATS!
GRANDMA RINDY

Mandy said...

Misty~Congratulations! I just read your entire blog. That is so wonderful! Thanks for all of the info, it made me a little scared but hopeful! It will be so fun to have a little girl!
Mandy

Angela said...

CONGRATS!!! Very exciting!! What a great way to round out the family! Now you won't be out numbered!